Saturday 18 August 2018

18th August 2018

It’s been a couple of weeks since finishing the Gobi March in Mongolia,  it seems like a long time
ago already. I’m keen to get back up to a decent volume of training again but the knee injury I
had before the Gobi and an ankle niggle I picked up along the way have held me back a little.


I had my first physio appointment on Thursday who suspects that I have an over-use type injury on the
tendon at the front of my ankle.  There’s a couple of knots and the tendon itself is a bit enlarged. She
did a bit of release work and dry needling and it felt a lot better straight away.  I will need to work to
a structured plan to allow my knee and ankle to heal properly now. Been told to take it a bit easier
on the running. Apparently eccentric squats are really good for the rehabilitation of knee tendons
so will be doing them a couple of times a day.


Today I just went out for a very short 5k run along the river.  Even going out at 10am makes a big
difference in Singapore weather terms, it was roasting hot already and the sun was shining.
 No real niggles from the knee, I’m not sure if this is because the cortisone is still effective or
just that it is genuinely getting better.  The ankle felt much better than a week ago so hopefully
that is relatively minor.



Next week is going to be a busy one with work again so finding time to get out for a run is going to
be tricky but will do my best.  At least with the strength programme I can squeeze that in first thing
in the morning or last thing at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment